Contact us at (317) 344-9840 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Melanie in Indianapolis or via virtual consultation — and start your path to healing today.
What is an Allergy?
A successful allergy treatment needs to address the underlying cause or imbalance. Possible causes of the imbalance may include:
- Poor Diet
- “Leaky Gut” and/or Microbiome imbalance
- Lack of sleep
- Parasites or Candida
- Stress (physical, mental, emotional)
- Genetic predisposition
- Frequent contact with a substance
Allergies Could Cause…
- Seasonal respiratory issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Joint pain
- Brain fog
- Skin problems
- Bad breath
- Gas and bloating
- Sore throat
- Mood issues
- Loss of memory
- Sinus and lung conditions
Holistic Offerings for Allergies and Sensitivities
- Eat fewer pre-packaged meals and processed foods which often contain preservatives and chemical additives.
- Eat organic produce free of pesticides.
- Run your tap water through a reverse osmosis filter.
- Use natural cosmetics, creams, and cleansers that are free of harmful chemicals.
- Avoid artificial fragrances.
- Use natural cleaning products.
- Check your mental attitude.
Micronutrient Testing provides both serum and cellular values for vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fats.
By analyzing both values, Dr. Melanie can assess if it is a true deficiency or a malabsorption issue which may be due to nutritional deficiency, leaky gut, digestive malabsorption, impaired detoxification pathways, or a genetic variation.
A gentle, non-invasive allergy treatment using a combination of Eastern acupressure techniques and nutritional science. This allergy treatment was discovered in 1980 by Dr. Devi Nambudripad. Read more about NAET®, or contact us at (317) 818-1800 to schedule an appointment today for this gentle allergy treatment.
Repair the Intestinal Tract
Additional Support for Allergies
Probiotics Are a Good Start To Replenish the Good Bacteria
The term probiotic refers to the good bacteria that are similar to those normally found in the gut. The colon houses over 500 species of bacteria that provide many functions, including:
- Helping produce many vitamins, such as K, Biotin and most B-vitamins (anti-stress vitamins), including B-12
- Manufacturing lactase which helps digest dairy
- Improving digestive efficiency
- Encouraging proper bowel function
- Recycling & eliminating toxins
- Working to reduce cholesterol levels
- Strengthening the immune system and protecting areas from ‘bad’ bacteria
- Changing levels of acidity
- Producing antibiotic-like substances, which helps protect us from bacteria, viruses, and yeast
Hydration and Healthy Diet
- Drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Eat 7-9 servings of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables of different colors to provide a variety of nutrients.
- Choose lean cuts of meat, fish, and poultry. Protein is needed to manufacture white blood cells (build more soldiers).
- Avoid fast food, sodas, sugar-laden foods, white bread, processed foods, artificial sweeteners, and mucus-forming foods such as wheat and dairy.
- Avoid the “Bad Fats” such as trans fats. They slow down the function of T-cells (Immune Soldiers).
- Consume healthy fats such as those found in Omega-3 fatty acids, olive oil, raw nuts, avocados, and olives.
- Remember to eat plenty of fiber.
Contact Dr. Melanie Today
At Dragonfly 360, Dr. Melanie offers naturopathic healing solutions and therapeutic yoga classes for a variety of health issues. We can help you to better manage your endocrine system, adrenal fatigue, insulin resistance, thyroid imbalances, hormone imbalances, digestive problems, chronic fatigue, sleep issues, weight loss, allergies, and more. Call (317) 344-9840 if you live in Indianapolis, Carmel, nearby areas, or would like to schedule a virtual appointment. You deserve relief — Dr. Melanie can help you get on the path to healing.